Accepting applications for Fall program - Apply Now!
FIL Launchpad is an intensive 12 week program for highly committed creative or social entrepreneurs who are ready to take their ideas and businesses to the next level. Our customized program provides selected entrepreneurs with vital information through weekly presentations, peer-to-peer learning, mentorship, access to a variety of subject matter experts and a community of entrepreneurs. Participants will gain competency in idea validation, market research, pricing, sales, marketing, branding, finances, developing and delivering a compelling story and pitch.
A maximum of 25 Finalists will be offered a spot in FIL's Fall Launchpad cohort.
FIL Launchpad is for early-stage, high-impact and high-potential, underrepresented creative or social entrepreneurs. We encourage applications from women, immigrants, veterans, and other underrepresented groups. The ideal startup is comprised of a team, with each member bringing a unique set of skills that will help the enterprise succeed. However, exceptional solo entrepreneurs committed to putting it all on the line are also encouraged to apply. FIL Launchpad is particularly poised to support startups in creative industries and social enterprises but we welcome applicants with innovative ideas of all kinds to apply.
Selected finalists must commit to attending all of the weekly sessions, meeting with their mentors, completing assigned work, which will require significant dedicated additional time working on their business on a weekly basis, and to being supportive of others in their cohort. Applicants with conflicts preventing them from fully participating in the FIL Launchpad will be disqualified.
Fairmount Innovation Lab, 594 Columbia Road, Suite 203, Dorchester, MA 02125.
There is no application fee. If selected, the fee for participating in Launchpad is $150, which is a fraction of the cost and value of the program.
- Application timeline: Apply now! Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Deadline to apply: October 20, 2017 at midnight.
- 1st Round Notification and Interviews: October 30 - November 6
- Finalist Notification: November 8th
- Commitment agreements and payment due: November 14th
- Launchpad Kickoff: Week of November 27th
About the Fairmount Innovation Lab
Fairmount Innovation Lab (FIL) accelerates economic and social impact by incubating and catalyzing innovative startups and projects developed by high-potential entrepreneurs and artists from under-represented backgrounds. Located in historic Uphams Corner in Dorchester, FIL offers:
- Co-working space for creative and social entrepreneurs
- A collaborative community of entrepreneurs & artists
- Startup preaccelerator and accelerator programs
- Workshops for entrepreneurs and artists (business, marketing, financial, etc)
- Office hours with attorneys, accountants, marketing whizzes, etc.
- Events (pitch contests, networking, popup events, etc.)
- A design and fabrication studio
- Event and meeting space
- Wellness (Monday night yoga)
- Partnership and sponsorship opportunities
FIL was established in 2015 by the nonprofit Artmorpheus in partnership with the Fairmount Cultural Corridor, a collaborative initiative that draws upon local assets to support vibrant, livable neighborhoods and an active sustainable creative economy in the Fairmount Indigo Corridor.
Application begins below. Important Note!
This application does not offer the option to save. It is strongly recommended you write your answers in a separate document and paste them in here. Please email us at email@example.com or call us at 617.456.1131 with any questions!